A new year, but not necessarily a new beginning. Rather, a new chance to move forward from the things holding me back. Every time I consider a new beginning, I fail miserably because I put way too much pressure on myself to succeed. So I’m choosing to look at things a little differently this year.
But first, a review of 2014:
- I quit my job at Wendy’s/Tim’s to go work at Walmart
- When I applied at Walmart, I thought it was for a permanent overnight position, but was actually hired for a temporary overnight position
- The kids both went to Summer camp for the first time and had a blast!
- Chloe hurt herself TWICE at camp, the first time occurring on the first day!
- We planned a party for Gavin’s birthday and no one showed up. 😦 Instead, I took him to see Guardians of the Galaxy at the theater.
- I missed a lot of time at work due to a variety of illnesses, causing severe stress as this is not my usual work ethic
- I developed Tennis Elbow, resulting in my being placed on sick leave
- Unfortunately, we were forced to dismiss certain people from our lives due to their continued toxicity, but we were much better for it, in the end.
- We made new friends this year.
- I joined a group for moms to get together once a month to just chat and make new friends and really hit it off with one in particular. Kourtney and I have been hanging out a couple times a week, at least, for the last several week.
- I’m excited to say that Justin gets along with Kourtney’s husband and the kids all get along with one another as well. Yay! There have been too many times when I have made a friend and Justin has not gotten along with them at all.
- I taught myself to crochet again.
- We spent Christmas day with Kourtney and her family. It was wonderful! I had really missed the large family gatherings for Christmas.
- I babysat for Kourtney on New Year’s Eve. 6 kids, including Chloe! What a night!
- Regrettably, we were all recovering from a horrible cold and most of us were up all night due to coughing. 😦
Not a bad year, overall, and some definite highlights.
As I said, I am not setting any actual resolutions for 2015, but I do have a couple of things I am hoping to accomplish.
Let’s call them goals:
- Read 50 books.
- Go back to school.
- Lead a healthier lifestyle.
- Spend more time with my family.
- Become better organized.
- Grow my relationships.
In order to reach these goals, I think I will set monthly mini goals.
So my goals for January are:
- De-Christmas the house.
- Research what I need to do to go back to school.
- Read 4 books.
- Start eating 3 meals a day, no more than 2 Tim Horton’s mochas a week, and go to the gym at least twice a week.
- Clean out all my closets.
- Finish Gavin & Chloe’s blankets.
- Meet up with the girls.
- Have family night once a week.
- Spend afternoons with Justin when the kids are in school.
Here’s to a great start to a new year!